Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I leave in just over a week


8 days, that's all the time I have left to get everything in order before I head off to the other side of the world for 2 months. I won't lie, the anxiety is starting to settle in, what if I don't enjoy myself as much as I hope to? What if India scares the crap out of me? Oh, hahaha, see what I did there?
I still have to pack, I still need to get my traveller's cheques, I still need to fill my malaria prescription... I have so much still to do!

I'm worried about leaving my dog behind, and my boyfriend... the cat will be fine, though, I'm sure. PJ has set a few things to do for himself in the time that I'm away though, and I'm glad. He's booked a flight to visit his cousin Paul in Ottawa for Canada Day weekend. I have to admit I'm jealous a little bit; Ottawa is my favourite city, and Ottawa on Canada Day is a blast.

Two weeks later he's going to a Metallica concert in Halifax, and the very next day he's taking a flight to Saskatoon to see his friend get married. He's buying a suit for that wedding too, and as a mechanic, I never get to see him in a suit, so I'm a little disappointed I'll be missing it - but I guess he's disappointed that he can't come with me to India, so we're even.

I'm working right up until the day before I leave, money is tight, so I'm hoping to squeeze out every cent that I can from work. Had I been smart I would have worked somewhere part-time too, just to be sure, but full-time work will do. Mom and Dad have both decided to pitch in with some spending money, which is definitely appreciated and it'll probably go toward some culturally appropriate clothing and cooking/dance/yoga lessons. I'd love to be able to come back and cook an authentic indian dish for friends and family.

This upcoming weekend is a holiday weekend in Canada. Victoria Day celebrates the Queen's birthday (May 24th) on the Monday before the 24th every year. Lot of people refer to it as May two-four, making a reference to a case of beer... I have some friends coming to visit to see me before I leave, and we're making plans to camp out, if the weather holds out. My boyfriend's parents have invited us over for some sort of get-together, I'm excited.

For now I'm just going to review my packing list and make a shopping list of the last few things I need, and I'll probably snuggle up with my dog for a nap while I can.


Can you blame me? He's just so snuggly!

No comments:

Post a Comment