Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Starting out in Moncton: 11 weeks to go!

My name is Meghan Brown, and I'm a university student at Mount Allison University in Sackville, NB. I live outside Moncton, NB and I commute to classes every day - a 20 minute drive, morning and afternoon. I live with my boyfriend of 3 years PJ, our greyhound Clark, and our tabbycat Charlie.



I was accepted to a study abroad program through my university that consists of 8 weeks of study in Mysore, India and awards 12 credits upon completion. It starts in June and ends in July, consists of 4 courses valued at 3 credits each, and includes language classes in Hindi, and historical and social courses related to ancient and modern Indian history and classes on sustainable development in the subcontinent. More information is available at www.mta.ca/india. After this program I will be a prospective graduate of my university, I won't need to take any more classes and I'll be graduating in October 2011, it's an exciting way to finish up!

This blog is a way for me to track the weeks leading up to my departure, and the experiences I have while I'm away. There's a lot to get in order before leaving and a whole lot more to go through while I'm there; I'll try to be as consistent as possible in my update. Thanks for joining me on this journey, and please feel free to leave comments and advice you have about travel, India, studying abroad and anything else related.




No comments:

Post a Comment